Friday 11 October 2013

First Draft of music video

First Draft Music Video




I was happy overall with our first draft music video, as I feel the shots worked well together and the narrative was understandable for the audience. I particularly was impressed with how well the different costumes and make-up/hair worked on the camera, as I feel this makes the video more interesting.

I personally feel that the lighting could be improved in all areas of the video, as the outside scenes at the park do not appear to be bright enough to represent summer, and all of the other outside scenes look dull. I will experiment with different colour contrasts on the different shots until I am happy with the result. I also think that the singing performances against the blank wall need different lighting so that the wall appears to be more white than cream, and maybe try filming the singing in another location with a different camera angle, to mimic Lana Del Rey who does hers in different costume and camera angles. Some of the lip syncing could also be improved as slightly off at times. I want to make the dance scenes slightly slower so that it emphasises the beautiful shapes she makes in the air more, rather than it being unappreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment